Orefield, PA Wills & Trusts Attorney
Book A Free Consultation
Call Daly Law Offices today to schedule a free consultation with our Orefield wills & trusts attorney who can get to know you and your needs in order to create a comprehensive will and trust that prioritizes your financial goals. Tomorrow is never guaranteed, so it’s important to take advantage of the time you have now. Discover your legal options and next steps today!
What Is A Will?
One of the most important components of an estate plan is a will. A will is a document that outlines your wishes for the distribution of your assets, as well as the care of any dependents such as minor children or someone with a disability. Before creating a will, it’s imperative that you give careful thought to how you’d like your wishes to be carried out in the event that you become incapacitated or pass away.
In your will you can also name an executor, which is the person who you’d like to carry out said wishes. This is a big responsibility, so it’s in your best interest to have a conversation with your candidate to ensure they’re up for the task at hand before naming them in your will. If the nature of your relationship were to change after the fact, you can always update your will with a new executor.
If you have a will or are planning to create one, it’s important that you don’t stop there. While wills are excellent legal tools, they cannot:
- prevent your estate from going through probate
- transfer certain types of property upon death
- take care of funeral plans
- arrange for the care of your pets
- and more
What Is A Trust?
Trusts are another crucial part of a comprehensive estate plan as they provide you with two major benefits:
- They prevent probate – Probate is the process of proving the validity of a will. It is a time-consuming, expensive, and stressful legal process. The reason that you need more than just a will, but a trust also is because assets named in a will do have to go through probate, while those named in a trust do not and can instead be passed directly to named beneficiaries.
- They shield your assets from potential risks – When you decide to transfer your assets to a trust, those assets are owned by the trust, offering a layer of security against potential threats like creditors, legal disputes, certain tax liabilities, and more. Trusts can serve a variety of purposes and help you reach specific goals, which our Orefield wills and trusts attorney can help you understand.
Why Work With An Orefield Wills & Trusts Attorney?
Having a will and trust can set you up for success against the risks and headaches that accompany estate planning and similar processes, but it can be challenging to do on your own. Working with an experienced Orefield wills & trusts attorney can give you the advantage you need in navigating the complexities of creating both types of legal documents. At Daly Law Offices, our lead attorney Joshua N. Daly has 15+ years of experience in creating wills and trusts specifically tailored to the needs of his clients. He will help you protect the things that matter most to you. Call today for your free consultation and learn more!
Book A Free Consultation
Orefield, PA Practice Areas
Worked together on a relative’s Estate Planning. Very easy to work with and knowledgeable. So glad we chose Josh. Thank you.
Josh we wanted to take a moment to thank you from the 3 of us from the bottom of our hearts. You are a gift and you have such a gift in what you do and they way you actually do it.
A total class act with the perfect personality for your profession. We can’t tell you enough how much we appreciate you and honestly thank so much. And it won’t be the last you see of us. Much Appreciation. The Stine/DiGiovanni family
*We highly recommend Joshua Daly for Elder Law, wills, etc. This is something that people don’t know what can happen when your parents pass away or what to do. Josh helps prevent as much as you legally can the home and assets being taken by elder care home and/or govt.
What a great experience on a subject people don’t like to talk about but is so important. Josh makes this process pleasant. We are recommending Josh to all our friend and family and friends. Everyone should get their ducks in a row. I am glad we met Josh & finally did this!
Thank you Josh
Why Choose Us?
14+ Years Of Experience
Dedicated Small Firm Attention